Wray Owen Funerals is a family owned and operated Funeral Home established in Nowra. Our Funeral Home and Chapel is located at 52 North Street, Nowra, NSW. 2541 .
Wray Owen Funeral Directors commenced business in Nowra in March 1954.
Kath and Ian Strathie purchased the business from Maida and Wray Owen, on Ian’s retirement from the Royal Australian Navy, having served 20 years. We bought the business in March 1985 and subsequently acquired Muller’s Funerals in Nowra in 1995, Muller’s was established in 1864.
Our two children, Scott and Fiona are part of the organisation.
- Shoalhaven Arts Society a major cash prize – 15 years
- Nowra TAFE two top apprentice awards 11 years
- Currarong Bowling Club 25 years
- Wollongong University Scholarships
- St Georges Basin Golf Club
- Shoalhaven Ex-Servicemen’s Golf Club
- North Korea Veterans Association
- Vietnam Veterans Association
Community Memberships (present and past)
- Select Independent Funeral Homes – by invitation only
- Australian Funeral Director Association [State President, National Councillor, State Committee 25 years]
- South Nowra Rotary
- Nowra Jaycees [Regional President]
- Nowra Chamber of Commerce [President 7 years]
- Illawarra Business Chamber
- Nowra RSL sub branch
- Shoalhaven Keyboard Group
- Funeral Industry Liaison Committee